For the 4th time, bSidesLisbon is back and we need your help to make it bigger and better!!
bSidesLisbon 2017 is being held on November 9th and 10th at Microsoft Portugal (Parque das Nações), in the same venue as the last edition, an awesome spot to hang out with a beautiful view of Tejo river!
As in the previous year, we will have the following:
Presentation slots with a fixed duration of 45 minutes plus 10 minutes for Q&A.
Presention slots with a fixed duration of 25 minutes plus 10 minutes for Q&A.
The workshops have a fixed duration of 120 minutes and a maximum capacity of 15 attendees.
The CFP deadline for submissions is August 31st
What and how to submit
We are looking for topics in the technical area of cyb^Winformation security. Doesn’t matter if it’s reverse engineering, web apps, or netsec. If it’s infosec we are in for it!
We do however have a few rules:
- The talk and slides must be in English – Even though it’s Bsides Lisbon we are expecting (and hoping) we will have lots of foreign friends visiting our beautiful country and even presenting!
- We are currently investigating our options, but we hope to record all presentations for later distribution. If recording your presentation poses an issue for you then please tell us in the submit form.
- You must give your talk with passion! :)
Submissions will be reviewed by our "Call for Papers" review board.
The board will review all the talks and give them a rating, speakers will get at least a 2 month warning on either their talk has been accepted or not.
Your talk won’t be picked IF:
- It’s a sale pitch (vendor based talk / product talk)
- Talks that don’t have the minimum information when submitted
Even if your talk gets rejected, we will make sure to give you an explanation on why that happened instead of merely replying with a "You’re out!" basic email.
We thank you in advance for your interest and support in bSidesLisbon 2017, and all your submissions are greatly appreciated.
Tips from the review board:
- Be as detailed as possible: Don't give us just a title and a paragraph. (we don't need a full paper, but give us enough detail :);
- Be clear! Help us understand what is it you want to speak about, why it matters, and what attendees will get out of it;
- Submit early. We will be approving talks, and filling slots, throughout the review process. The later you submit, the less chance you have of being picked;
- Make sure your contact information is accurate!!! Every year there's some wrong email address that we are unable to get in touch with. We have some OSINT skills, but we have other priorities :)
By being a speaker at bSidesLisbon, you'll get the following benefits:
- Peer recognition :)
- Full access to the conference
- Invitation to the legendary bSideslisbon speakers' dinner (ok, maybe it's not legendary, but it is still fun!).
- Exclusive bSidesLisbon2017 t-shirt
Being a small, community driven and not-for-profit conference, we have a limited budget to support expenses for speakers. However, this year we'll be providing some support, with the following criteria:
- You'll have to explicitly request this support upon the talk submission;
- You're ineligible if your company supports your expenses (please be fair to others);
- Only valid for speakers traveling from outside of Portugal;
- Your talk will have to be on the TOP 5 scored by the CFP board (from the eligible speakers, i.e., if the top 5 are ineligible, you can be on the top 10);
- If eligible, we will support up to €300 of your expenses (upon valid receipts);
We hope with this to be able to give some help with speakers that have great content to share, but need help traveling to and staying in Lisbon. We kindly request that unless you really need it, please let others who do have this support.